Compact EtherCAT Drive Solution for Rotary or Linear Brushless, DC Brushed and Stepper Motors
The IND, 8 Axis Ethercat Enabled Universal Drive Rack is based on a new design concept offering a cost effective, compact and modular solution for the control of rotary or linear brushless, DC brush, and step motors of powers up to 400 W, with 50V nominal voltage.
The IND integrates all the basic motor control functions in a 19” rack. A series of I/O signals, both digital and analogue, are available for easy interfacing with the
The configuration, tuning and programming of the drive is easy with a powerful graphical platform, EasyMotion Studio. The high level graphical development
environment EasyMotion Studio, supports the configuration, parameterization and programming of the drive, with:
- Motion system set-up wizard
- Tuning assistance with capture functions
- Definition, programming and testing of motion sequences.
Motion Control Libraries
The TML_LIB Motion Control Libraries can be used to implement a motion control application on a PC from C / C++, C#, Visual Basic, Delphi or LabVIEW under Windows or Linux operating systems. If a PLC is used as host, implementations of the TML_LIB observing the IEC-61131 standard are available for Siemens, B&R and Omron PLCs.
Features per Axis
- Fully digital servo drive suitable for the control of rotary or linear brushless, DC brushed, and step motors
- Sinusoidal (FOC) or trapezoidal (Hallbased) control of brushless motors
- Open or closed-loop control of 2 and 3-phase steppers
- Various modes of operation, including: torque, speed or position control
- Standalone operation with stored motion sequences
- Drive enable circuit
– EtherCAT (CoE protocol) included
- Digital and analogue I/Os:
– 6 digital PNP/NPN programmable inputs, 5 – 36 V
– 5 NPN digital outputs, 5 – 36 V, 0.5 A
– 2 analogue inputs: 12 bit resolution, 0 – 5 V
- Feedback devices (dual-loop supported):
– Incremental quad encoder (single ended or differential )
– Analogue sine/cosine encoder (differential 1Vpp)
– Digital and linear Hall sensors
– Incremental quad encoder (differential )
– pulse & direction interface (differential)
– BiSS / SSI encoder interface
- Power supply: 11 – 50 V; Logic supply: 9 – 36 V
- High current capability (8 A continuous, 20 A peak current)
- Protection to over-current, over temperature, short-circuit, over and under-voltage, I2t, control error.